Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a weekend.

Back on October 1st I purchased Disneyland on Ice tickets (well, I purchases them on Duchess' behalf) for the 3:30 show on Nov. 15 (a.k.a. yesterday). When Ike game through he did some major damage to the venue where the show was to be held so it was changed to a new location. Our original tickets were very, very good seats. We received an email stating that we would receive new tickets that would be comparable to the ones we had originally purchases. Being that Ticketmaster is a relatively reputable company we had no reason to assume there would be any problems with the new tickets... well you know what they say about assuming. Friday I was talking to another teacher who told us that they had received their comparable tickets and they were awful. So when I got home I checked ours and we had gone from our original seats of 14th row floor risers to the farthest section from the stage, three row from the very top. Seriously, WTH? I called Ticketmaster and spent the next two hours on the phone with them trying to get things fixed. I won't go in to all the details, but here's what basically happened: we were just out of luck, they would do a one-time courtesy and refund the money/cancel the tickets (oh yeah, that's solving it), then they said they'd switch our tickets only to all back and say they couldn't do that after all and they had released our original tickets so even those were no long available, needless to say I was livid. In the end I did manage to get us really good seats to the earlier showing but what a nightmare! Ticketmaster did not earn points w/me on this one. Thank God I had checked them before we got there or we would have really been SOL.

Fast forward to Saturday. The show was awesome and the kids loved it. Like I said, our seats were good and we were only about 20ish rows from the ice and could see everything. We had a fantastic time. I have lots of pics to upload and will try and do that really soon. I highly recommend any Disney on Ice productions, they just rock.

After the show we went to lunch and then to the movies. The kids had a very fun day and I think it turned out really well considering that for a bit we didn't even have tickets! I can't wait for the next one!

This was a busy weekend and it looks as if the week ahead is going to be just as busy. Chase has his ENT appointment tomorrow and I really hope it goes well. Tomorrow is also PawPaw's birthday, so we'll be taking some cupcakes over there tomorrow to wish him a Happy Birthday. I'm having my HSG on Thursday afternoon, this is a first for me but I'm guessing it really can't be all that bad. Hopefully I'm right. My grandparents and cousin are coming in this weekend so that they can watch Chase next Monday and Tuesday because my sitter decided that she'd like Thanksgiving week off... nice. I guess that means housecleaning before they get here as well!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and that Monday will be just as good!




**I am grateful for
1) a wonderful time this weekend
2) an awesome Duchess
3) the cold weather (lovin' it)
4) sticky kisses
5) night time snuggles

2 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Kahla,
So glad you had a good weekend.
I'm praying for Chase's ENT appointment and your HSG on Thursday.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Michelle said...

Im Glad you had fun this weekend. I hope the ENT appointment for Chase goes well and Good Luck with your HSG. I had one and it wasn't bad for me. I will be praying for you.