Monday, November 10, 2008

Damn these tubes.

When Chase got tubes put in his ears they were great because they worked and solved the problem we were encountering. Then earlier this year they stopped working because they became blocked. After a few weeks and some tortuous times for our little guy they unblocked themselves and became useful again... until September. They have now been blocked for three months and Chase is on his third ear infection. To be more specific he is on his third double ear infection since the end of September. So not cool for my Doodlebug. One ear is worse than the other but both tubes are totally useless now. *sigh* He's on a 2nd antibiotic and we are scheduled to head back to the ENT on Monday afternoon. The nurse seems to think we are probably looking at a 2nd set of tubes. Damn these tubes and damn the blockage that makes them useless! I'm so frustrated. I'm frustrated that things NEVER seem easy, I'm frustrated that Chase is having to endure yet another ear infection, I'm frustrated that we are probably going to have to get a 2nd set of tubes which means putting my baby under anesthesia which scares the begeebers out of me, and I'm frustrated that these tubes stopped doing their job. Not to mention this gets really expensive (of course no amount of money could ever compare to Doodlebug's health, but it still frustrated me). I sure hope that the rest of this week goes better and that at least the antibiotic will clear this infection up so he's not hurting any more.




**I am grateful for
1) My smart.flex account
2) MeMaw was home and able to take care of Doodlebug today
3) caramel covered apples... can we same yum???
4) antibiotics and awesome doctors
5) warm slippers, gotta love 'em when you have tile floors!

3 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

I'm praying for Chase! I'm so sorry he's in so much pain. I cannot imagine putting my Caitlin under anesthesia. I'd be nervous too. Hang in there. I sure hope the ENT doctor today had a suggestion that can fix the tubes that are in there now.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Awww poor Chase! We are thinking of him (and you guys of course!)

A & M

Michelle said...

I hope Chase feels better soon. Ear aches are the worst! Especially repeated ear aches.