Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tis the Season

One more day and it's back to work, where did the break go??? Good news is only three weeks until Christmas breaks, bad news is the next three weeks will be like trying to corral 18 wild cats!

Thanksgiving was great and Chase actually spent the night with Duchess and Madison, so Jeff and I were able to sleep in. Yes, sleep IN... can you believe it? We slept until 9:30, how crazy is that? I have not done that in forever and it was so nice. We even skipped the Black Friday sales because 1) I have no money to blow, 2) my bed was calling my name, and 3) well, I have no money to blow and my bed was calling my name! Besides, no kid in the house means staying up late, if you know what I mean (ah hem). ;o)

Chase is doing great post-op, thank you all for asking! He did throw up this morning and has a cough, but I think he is OK. He's had lots of mucous (I know that's gross), so I think that contributed to the throwing up. He's been fine since and we even ventured out to see Bolt this evening, which he loved.

Today we got our Christmas lights put up outside and the rest of the yard decorations out. I wanted to scream when I plugged in two of the big deer and both had lights out. I hate when lights are out! Fortunately they are fixed and grazing in the yard now (think moving heads and use your imagination). Since our new house (is it still new after 7 months?) is a two story, that makes Christmas lighting a little more challenging. It is super high for the 2nd floor so we decided to skip the lights up top, but after it got dark Jeff decided that we really need them up there. So I guess we'll be borrowing a very tall ladder... from someone.

We also got to visit with our friend Kelley and her two kids today. We haven't visited since right after we moved into the house, so it was very nice! Kelley and I were roommates in college and I am trying to convince her to move closer so that we could see her more often! I keep telling her that she can get a good deal on a house in our neighborhood and that we have plenty of openings at our school each year. :o)

Tomorrow after church I am going up to the school to decorate for Christmas with some other teachers (yep, we do that here in the country) and then tomorrow evening I would really like to get our Christmas tree up to decorate. Chase is so excited and can't wait. Now that the neighborhood is getting all lit up our nightly treks to see the lights have begun. Seems it tis the season and I'm lovin' it!

**Please send a little prayer out to one of our students, Justin, in third grade. I had him when he was in first grade and now I have his little sister. On Wednesday he was riding his bike when he was attacked by 2 pit bulls. His father saw it happen and was able to get to him. He was life-flighted to Houston where he is in good condition, but I can only imagine how scary that was for him. He's had two surgeries already and is scheduled for another tomorrow. I talked to his father earlier and he's in good spirits, but it was a really bad attack. He was very excited to see himself on the news, which was pretty cute. Any prayers for him to continue to heal would be appreciated!




**I am grateful for
1) Christmas lights
2) my grandparents/cousin are home safe and sound
3) movies w/Chase (go see Bolt, it's cute!)
4) Christmas trees
5) visits w/friends

***** Coming soon: Armadillo Eggs Recipe*****

4 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

I'm glad Chase is feeling better and it sounds like you all had a good weekend.
I'll be praying for the little boy you mentioned.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Michelle said...

Good to here Chase is doing better. I am glad you had some nice alone time. Sleeping in is the best! I will keep Justin in my prayers. That is so sad.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this. I believe he lives in my neighborhood. I'm not sure the owner of the dogs is out here, but as an owner of a pitbull, you must take better care of your animals.... not just pit bulls, but ANY dog. That is just too sad, I am praying for Justin and his family.

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about this, Kahla. I am HYPER sensitive to pit bulls after William was knocked down and jumped all over by two of them, earlier this year.

I've had dogs for a long time, but they SCARE me. Especially dogs like pit bulls. After the incident we had with William this summer, I try to never leave the house without pepper spray. You never know what might happen and when it happens, it happens FAST.

Many prayers for Justin's healing. That poor little boy.