Sunday, November 9, 2008

Say it ain't so.

Yesterday went surprisingly well considering we had two birthday parties that literally started back-to-back and were about 30 miles away from one another. We managed to make both parties and have a swimmingly good time. Unfortunately the birthday boy of party #2, who also happens to be Chase's best-bud, was not feeling well at all so he did not get to enjoy his party one bit. Instead he ended up at urgent care and was diagnosed with strep. Poor little guy. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon since he's on an antibiotic now. Really sucks to be sick, much less sick at your very own party.

After dinner we headed home and that's when all hell broke lose. Saturday morning Chase asked for ear drops (a.k.a. tickle drops) because his ear was hurting. I know that his tubes are plugged from our last ear escapade and figured that maybe there was some pressure and the drops don't hurt so I put some in. I really didn't think about it again... until my son was hysterical in the back seat and screaming that his ear hurt. Deja vu of February 2005 hit (I know I wasn't blogging then, but it was a very not-so-fun first ER experience). I mean literally, he went from fine to inconsolable within minutes. We get home, put the drops in again, give some Tylenol, put pj's on and in to bed. He quickly goes to sleep and is up crying again w/in the hour. We decided not to take him to the ER/urgent care because in the past they will do nothing more than what we are already doing (drops, Tylenol/Motrin) and say take him in on Monday. He actually slept through the night, he just would cry out. Right now he's still sleeping. I'm hoping we can can continue the drops and pain meds and he'll be up to his last party this evening because it's at a jump place and he loves those kinds of things (and it's his cousin's party, so lots of family there).

Please send a little prayer that Doodlebug will be OK. Ear stuff with him terrifies me and I hate when he's hurting. I know it's bad because this boy has got the pain tolerance I do and it is HIGH. So actual complaining is never good. We were told that since the tubes are clogged it could build up and then burst through (we had that happen before) and to be honest once it's unclogs the pain is gone, so if that's what's happening, we want it to do it fast. *sigh* My poor little fella.




**I am grateful for
1) Chase is resting peacefully at this moment
2) Chase's buddy, Cade, is on antibiotics and will feel better soon
3) we had the drops for Chase's ear on hand
4) at least we knew what to do for the whole ear thing
5) Memaw is off tomorrow in case Chase needs to be seen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor guy! I will be praying he feels better soon.

Also for the kid who couldn't even enjoy his own party. That happened to my nephew at his 1st birthday party. He was so sick that he didn't even eat his cake so we didn't get to have the "cake all over the place" usual at 1st birthday parties.
I hope your little guy has a speedy recovery.

kristi said...

I hope Chase feels better! Earaches are NO FUN!!
My other blog is:
autismblessingschallenges.blogspot.com

Teresa & Connie said...

Aw poor baby! I'll pray for him to get better super fast and for no ER visits at all.