Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Exhale

We are home and Chase is sleeping upstairs. Thank you so much for all the prayers and positive thoughts. After a sleepless night for me I got Doodlebug up around 5:15 and we made our way to the surgery center. I had already talked to him about how we were going to see Dr. N and he was going to fix his ears where they wouldn't hurt anymore so he knew that we were going to the Dr. and was pretty quiet. Our biggest obstacle prior to going back for surgery was the fact Chase was not allowed to drink anything after midnight last night and he was terribly thirsty. He asked for his sippy, searched the bag for his sippy, stared at the drink machine (why do they have that IN the waiting room?), and constantly told me that *they* were getting a drink each time a person would go to retrieve one.

He REALLY wanted a drink!

When we went back they gave him his "juice" and within 1o minutes he could barely sit up straight and was trying his hardest to hold his head up. We went over the final paperwork, spoke with the anesthesiologist, and I kissed my baby goodbye. He was feeling good and waved as they wheeled him away. He was fine, I had the tears. From the moment we walked into our private consultation/waiting room until Dr. N was telling me the surgery was a success and Chase was in recovery it was 13 minutes. 13 minutes that felt like 13 hours. Last time we were able to go back to recovery about 20 minutes after we spoke w/Dr. N, this time it was about 40 minutes and I thought I was going to go crazy.

Getting checked out for the all clear.
A new fashion accessory (and he makes it look good).

Feeling good, really good!

When we finally got back to recovery Chase was still asleep and they were trying to coax him awake with a slushy. When he opened his eyes he immediately tried to get up and to me, so I scooped him up and sat down to hold him. He wanted that slushy so bad, but had a really difficult time keeping his eyes open. It took about 20 minutes and a little crying (reaction from the anesthesia), but we got it down and were given our discharge instructions and released. He slept the whole way home, but woke up pretty good once we got here. He said his ears were hurting, so I gave him Tylenol and then at about 12:30 he crashed and has been sleeping for the past three and a half hours.

Thank you again for all the prayers and positive thoughts. The surgery went smoothly and there were no complications, thank God. Chase did great and I think I did pretty well myself. :o) I'm so glad it's over and pray that this will be our last surgery for a very, very, very long time! I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving, I know we have so much to be thankful for.




**I am grateful for
1) a successful surgery
2) skilled doctors
3) naps
4) the awesome people that kept us in their prayers
5) healing

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Super duper yay for the good news update regarding Mr. Chase and his surgery today and regarding how it went for you! I am so glad that it went smoothly and wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love,
Courtney

Michelle said...

Oh YAY I am so happy everything went well with the surgery!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Kahla,
I'm so glad Chase is safe and sound at home and that the surgery was a success! I was thinking of and praying for ya'll all day. I just got a chance to check on you and am so relieved.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Sarah said...

So glad to hear Chase is doing well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

crayonmommy said...

glad to hear all went well! I hope it makes him feel much better, especially over the holidays!