Monday, January 12, 2009

IVF #5 is officially underway.

My ultrasound this morning gave me an all clear and bloodwork looked good so IVF #5 is officially under way. I started my shots this evening and Chase refused to leave in case I was scared. He's such a sweetie. I sure hope this pays off and we get him a real live, healthy, baby brother or sister. It would make everything so worth it just to see him a big brother!

My awesome clinic donated some meds to me and although I'm still a little short on Repro.nex, I should be good on Foll.istim. I'll figure out what to do when we get closer. I hate insurance companies, I so wish we had coverage! I guess that's a vent for another day!

Oh yeah, when I walked into my RE's office this morning the song, "Hope Now" by Addison Road was playing. I LOVE that song and actually have the ring tone, I'm going to take it as a very good sign!

Hope everyone had a GREAT Monday!




***I am grateful for
1) clear ultrasound
2) good bloodwork
3) 2 shots down!
4) Hope Now
5) Jeff who is willing to give me my IM shots, I'd be in trouble w/o him!

16 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Congrats, Kahla!! I'm so glad things are moving forward with IVF #5 and that you are one step closer to your next miracle.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Good Luck Kahla!!!!!! Lots of prayers coming your way!

momofonefornow said...

I LOVE Hope Now!!

Congrats on the good bloodwork and the forward momentum. I hope this is a super successful cycle.

Michelle said...

YAY! CONGRATS! I will be prayng for you!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome they gave you meds! I'll be praying for you!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

You are right behind me and it is the same number of times for us both!!

I believe in signs to sweetie!!

Here's to giving Chase a little SISTER!!!

Hugs, Rebel

p.s. my word verification was: conbangu Now what in the world is THAT supposed to mean??? LOL

Mommy Daisy said...

Best of luck. Praying everything goes perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Awesome about the meds!

Awesome about the Hope Now boost of encouragement and, well, HOPE!

So very sweet about your Chase who stays with you for those shots because he wants to make sure you are o.k. And kudos to Jeff for his awesomeness in handling IM shots!

And SO, SO, SO many prayers are and will continue to be sent up for you and your family!

Hoping Now...so very much!

Love,
Courtney

Chelle said...

AWWW. Chase staying in case you were scared is SO sweet! Good luck on this cycle!

Maredsous said...

Yeah!!! Kahla. That must be an awesome clinic you are going to.

I love your list. When going through this ordeal we often forget that we have many things to be thankful for. Your list just reminded me to appreciate the things we have going for us

Courtney and the Boys said...

This is all such wonderful news! Prayers are going up for you!!!!

Courtney and the Boys

Teresa & Connie said...

I hope this makes Chase a big brother! That IS totally worth everything. I'm so excited for you mama!

Sarah said...

hi, saw you on cyclesista and wanted to wish you luck. just btw, for my last cycle i had no IVF coverage and this time i do but my drug cost was almost the same (actually $200 more this time) because the stim drugs still weren't covered anyway. i realize of course the cycle is the big part and makes the drug cost hurt all the more, but just thought i'd share. good luck!!

Elle Charlie said...

Congrats that things are off to such a promising start! That's sweet that Chase didn't want to leave his mommy alone! He'd make a great big brother!!!!!

I really hope this is a very successful cycle, and brings you closer to your dream!

Jen&Carter said...

Good Luck my friend, I am praying that this is your month and year. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Sarah said...

Woo hoo!!

Fingers crossed for you!