Monday, December 15, 2008

What is up with this weather?

If you want to live in a state that has totally unpredictable weather, then come to Texas! Remember less than a week ago when it snowed? Well last night at this time is was 80 out... tonight it's 39. Ugh! I wish it would just get cold and stay cold already! Poor Chase is back on breathing treatments thanks to up and down weather, but he does take it like a champ so I'm thankful for that!

This weekend was jam packed with activities. Duchess made a surprise pick-up for Chase on Friday and they spent the afternoon hanging out. Then Saturday we had Madison's first ballet recital. It was great and she did a wonderful job! As the proud aunt I can say that she was the ONLY little girl to do the entire routine. She is so stinkin' smart! I will post a picture of her in a ballet pose, but the camera is downstairs right now and I'm upstairs so I'll have to come back and do it. After the recital we had her 4th birthday party and the kids had a fantastic time. I still can't believe she is four, where does time go?

Saturday night we made our way to the hospital to visit my nephew's (OK, he's not really my nephew, but I claim him!) new baby boy. His name is Hunter and he is absolutely perfect. He is so long and sweet, I could've loved on him forever! His Mommy looked great and you can tell his Daddy is very proud. If you read this, congratulations Cody and Kiefer!!!! We went to see them again on Sunday and take a little gift and he was pretty tuckered out. Nothing like holding a brand-new sleeping baby, so sweet! ;o)

We also went Christmas shopping on Sunday and all I can say is I must be a Grinch because there were way too many people in the stores and I did not enjoy it one single bit! Fortunately we got about 85% of our shopping done and the remainder can be done in one stop (maybe two) so other than wrapping, we are done. Every year I say we're going to get our shopping done ahead of time and it never happens. Perhaps next year.... yeah, who am I kidding?!?!

Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend as well!




**I am grateful for
1) 3 1/2 more days of school until Christmas Break!
2) another busy weekend
3) Hunter Scott has arrived and is perfect!
4) Christmas shopping is almost done
5) Christmas cards are in (now just have to address them, ugh)

4 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Glad you had a good weekend.
This weather is CRAZY!
Hope Chase feels better soon.
Hugs,
Amanda

Michelle said...

Tell me about it. This morning 59 tonight 17 degrees. No wonder we are always sick. I thought the same thing this weekend about the stores. I went to the toy section and you can just forget about that...it is insane. Congratulations to your nephew. New babies are the greatest. Glad you had such a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

You should add a picture of this perfect little baby because I heard he looked JUST LIKE his great aunt.... ;) Yes post a picture of Madison too... :)

A

Teresa & Connie said...

That's Colorado weather too. Crazy! Poor Chase! I hope he's doing better