Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was afraid of that.

Being a teacher I'm exposed to all kinds of little germs. Good news is that for the most part I stay relatively well other than bronchitis every year (but anyone one who's had it knows that once you've had it, you are very prone to it). Usually I can spot the signs of a sickness pretty early on and can combat it. Friday night in San Antonio I felt a tickle in my throat and immediately thought of Lisa who'd just been diagnosed with strep throat days before. Definitely not a good sign. Saturday I was feeling OK so I thought perhaps I had gotten lucky, but by Sunday night I knew it was the case. Monday was awful. The fever, swollen lymph nodes, chills, sore throat, then the puss. My Dr's had me swing by for a swab and sure enough, strep. I was afraid of that. I crawled into bed around 5:45 and didn't crawl back out until this morning. Chase was a wonderful Dr. and went with Daddy to pick up my antibiotics and delivered them before returning downstairs to play and let me sleep. I'm pretty sure I could have kept sleeping this morning, but I forced myself out of bed and into the shower. I did make it through the day, but had to skip the Christmas party this evening. I will say that the right side of my throat is feeling better, but the left side and my neck are still miserably sore. I sure hope these antibiotics kick in soon! Even more so I hope the boys don't get it!!

On a side note they are actually expecting snow flurries here late tonight/early morning... what is up with that? No wonder everyone is sick, one day it's 78 and the next it's 45! Crazy Texas weather!





**I am grateful for
1) 7 1/2 school days until Christmas break!
2) Jeff and Chase are showing no signs of strep
3) winter (I love the cold, but not the rain with it)
4) my friend Courtney's pregnancy - she'll know I'm talking about her... I haven't had a chance to email you back, but I will!!
5) did I already say 7 1/2 days until Christmas break? Cause I'm REALLY thankful for that!!! ;o)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you are sick. Strep is horrible, I hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like your weather in Texas is a lot like Michigan. Wait 5 minutes and it will change.

Amanda Hoyt said...

Kahla,
I'm so sorry you got strep. That is no fun at all! I used to get strep every year as a child.
I didn't know that we were expecting snow! Wow! Thanks for the heads up :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Teresa & Connie said...

Yuck! I hope you get better fast! I had no idea that it snowed in Texas ever. Remind me never to retire there. ;)

Sarah said...

Aww, I hope you feel better soon! Strep is AWFUL!

Katie Baker said...

I hope you're feeling better! 7 more days!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you got strep. I hope you feel better soon. I'm praying the boys won't come down with it. We got snow flurries here around 4:30 right after I picked Haley up, then again around 6:30 for a very brief moment but they have started going again. I love it. We only get to see flurries here, what, every four to five years, if that. It was a great thing to get me back in the Christmas mood. It was slipping for a moment. Take care.

Jen&Carter said...

I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Strep is going around, we have seen a lot of them cases in the drs office I work in.
I hope that you feel better soon. Yeah for the break.