Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

***Please note that I have not gone to proofread this before publishing because I was watching Mamma Mia!!!! I will come back later, please ignore typos!! :o)

Christmas Eve brought much hustle and bustle to the Larson household. We had goodies to make, last minute errands to run, a few gifts to wrap, a beautiful Christmas Eve Candlelight service to attend, and a wonderful family gathering for Jeff's side of the family. It was a wonderful evening full of family and celebrations. Jeff's cousin, Wade, is only a week older than me and has been battling cancer for quite some time now. He has gotten a wonderful report back that he is cancer-free, definitely a great thing to celebrate.

Chase and Kaden looking for Santa!
By the time we got home Duchess had arrived and we were all thrilled to see her safe and sound. If you heard about the plane crash in Denver, let me just say that she was originally scheduled to return on THAT flight but got a nonstop flight last minute and switched! Thank God, that is so very scary to me. We got Chase into his Christmas pajamas and put out our cookies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph, then tracked Santa on the computer before making our way to bed.

Ready for Santa and Rudolph!

Santa came!

As Chase fell asleep to a Christmas story by Daddy, we finished wrapping a few more gifts and all was put under the tree. I nibbled on carrots and then eventually Jeff made his way back downstairs for a snack of cookies and milk. ;o) We decided to put Spike the Dino together to place in front of the tree instead of wrapping him so that he could be charged and ready to play! I think we finally made it to bed around 1:00 and were back up around 7:00 to put on the turkey.

Chase actually slept rather late and was a tad grumpy upon wakening. However, that quickly changed when he we were coming down the stairs and he peeked around to see that big green dinosaur looking at him! The smile was priceless and I think had he only gotten that one gift, he would have been thrilled. He spent the next hour playing and laughing with Spike before even considering opening another present. Around noon my brother, his fiancee, her little girl, and Madison arrived for lunch and we had a very nice time. All in all it was a wonderful holiday. In a way I'm sad it's over because Chase loves it so much and all too soon the lights will come down and the tree will be put up until next year.

Chase meeting Spike!

Such big smiles!!

I do have one little prayer request though. A few days ago Doodlebug was crawling around on the floor when he scratched the palm of his hand. It wasn't anything bad, but it did break the skin. It was red but looking OK until about 6 hours ago. It has developed a huge puss pocket and a red streak down the center of his palm. We know not to pop it because as long as it's closed, it's sterile. However, after having a severe (as in life-threatening) staph infection when I was 13 and Jeff's cousin (a different one than above) having a severe one right now, this is highly concerning to me. We will be going to the Dr. tomorrow and I'm sure they will want to lance it. Please say a prayer that Chase will be OK and this will heal quickly and without any complications. Thanks!

I hope that every one of you had a wonderful Christmas and that all of your Christmas wishes come true!




**I am grateful for
1) a wonderful Christmas
2) wonderful celebrations
3) new memories
4) traditions
5) prayers for my Chase

4 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Kahla,
So glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! Love the pics! Praise the Lord for Wade's healing and I am praying for Chase's hand right now. I hope it is nothing serious. Also, Praise the Lord about Dutchess's flight!!
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Michelle said...

I am happy you guys had a nice Christmas and I am very happy to hear about Dutchess's flight and Wade being cancer free. Those are some great Christmas presents.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Wow...I can only imagine how happy my son would have been to get that big dinosaur!!! Wasn't in our budget this year, though, but nonetheless, he had a wonderful Christmas! What fun.

And what great news about Wade. :)

In Him,
Courtney in Indiana

Jen&Carter said...

Hey Kahla,
I am so happy that you had a wonderful Christmas, Love the pics of Chase. I am so happy to hear that Wade is cancer free, and I pray that Chase hand heals soon. God is so awesome and good.