Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mental Sticky Note

Sometimes Chase does something that I never want to forget, but with time I know I will. I hate that. I hate that as the days go by my memories will slip away because life is so busy and full that I simply can't remember it all no matter how much I want to! So I've decided to start a new category to help me remember all these wonderful little things. Today will be my first mental sticky note. Here goes nothing.

~ When Chase is telling us to "shhhhh" he puts the tip of his finger on his nose instead of putting it over his lips. It's adorable and I will ask him to "shhhhh" me over and over again just to see it!

~ Chase loves to play with my hair by curling it around his finger. My Granny Kahla (hmmm, recognize a name there) used to twist her hair and I do it to. Must be hereditary.

~ You would always know when Chase was getting sleepy as a baby because he would play with his eyelashes (that boy has got some LONG lashes). Every once in a while he still does it. It's a dead give-away that the Sandman is on his way.

~ We used to say that Chase would suck on a pretend bottle in his sleep because he was always making the sucking sound and doing his lips like he was drinking from a bottle. He weaned at 1 year 2 months, but he still does this at night sometimes.

~ Chase can have an entire conversation in his sleep, but then again so can his Daddy!

~ When we are at SeaWorld MeMaw told Chase she wanted to ride the coaster with him because she was scared. He told her not to be scared, "he would keep her safe." He is such a sweet, caring little boy.

These are the kinds of things that I always want to remember!




**I am grateful for
1) 2 school days left until Christmas break (come on, you knew that was coming)
2) our Christmas tree
3) 2 weeks vacation to spend w/Chase!
4) we may have meds for our upcoming IVF donated to us, what a blessing that would be!
5) all the sweet things my Chase does

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is such a good idea! That way there will always be a place to remember your sweet sweet boy. :)

Teresa & Connie said...

Fabulous idea. He's too cute!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Great idea and such cute things to remember about your boy! :)
Hugs,
Amanda