Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The time is near.

Chase's abscess ruptured last night while he was soaking in an Epsom Salt bath and was very painful. :o( He was hysterical so we wiped the best we could, doctored it, and bandaged it. He then slept in our bed because, "It made him feel better." It continued to drain throughout the night and this morning when we took the bandage off to soak again it appeared that the "knuckle" of puss (I know, that is so gross) had come out and left a rather big hole. However the redness and swelling had gone down quite a bit, so I thought that was a good sign. He soaked, we doctored, and just a few minutes ago he told me that it wasn't hurting as much and I could touch it! Surely that is a sign of healing!!! Unfortunately he has developed two more sites that I'm greatly concerned about. I have written a letter for his pediatrician since MeMaw will be taking him so that she will check these tomorrow. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes, I have on doubt that they bring healing to my brave little Doodlebug!


Speaking of my brave Doodlebug, he quickly became my hero today! Living in TX we have scorpions, which I hate. Not the huge black ones, but the brownish/grayish ones that seem to blend in with everything. They are not deadly and I've been fortunate enough to not be stung, but Jeff has been stung and it was extremely painful. We have not seen one since moving into this house in February, but I knew it was just a matter of time. After a morning of pretend play of knights and castles followed by the drumming on everything with hard plastic straws since we are in a band (must be hereditary because Jeff does this), Chase jumped into my lap as I sat on the couch, leaned over, and began wildly smacking the floor with a straw while yelling, "I got it Mamma, I got it!" I thought we were entertaining a new phase of entertainment when I looked down and saw that what he got, was a huge scorpion... ewww. It was easily 3 inches long and indeed, my guy had smacked it to death with a straw. What a brave guy he is!!!!! Good thing he is got it before either of us were stung, bad thing is 1) it was in my house and 2) Chase now thinks there are more. Ugh, guess it's time to spray!


IVF Update! We have been scheduled for our 5d transfer at 8:30 tomorrow morning. We will need to arrive at 7:30. Since we are using a different surgery center to help with costs (it's owned indep., unlike the hospital) my nurse did not have current numbers. So instead of trying to track them down I am going to have faith that all is fine, trust in the Lord, and go forward peacefully and confidently tomorrow!

****I am grateful for:
1) trust
2) Chase finding the scorpion before one of us was stung!
3) the vacuumed floor
4) a day spent playing w/Chase before I go on bedrest
5) making it to transfer


Diana said...

Dear Kahla~

This is what happens when one is completely out of the loop (self imposed, but still). Life goes deafeningly on at a jet pace!

I had no idea that 1) it was your birthday and 2) you were in the middle of cycling!!!

Or that Chase was afflicted with something so torturous, but that's not to be celebrated. First, the celebrating...

CONGRATS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope that this special year brings the realization of all your dreams.

It sounds like you're off to a great start! 100% fertilization?!? Whoa!!! Incredible. What an army of thriving, robust embryos you've got. Your family is in my prayers that your next little one(s) will find their way safely to your body and stay, happy and healthy, for the next nine months.

I'm also keeping Chase in my prayers for a fast recovery. What a little soldier. I can't imagine what you all must be going through.

Thinking of you, and looking forward to a great report tomorrow.