Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The day started off spectacular and has only gotten better!

This morning we woke up early and got ready to head to Houston for our transfer. Chase had spent the night with Memaw and PawPaw, so it was a fairly easy morning. I even managed to throw a roast in the crockpot on the way out the door. When I looked up into the sky I saw the most amazing sunrise. The sky was pink and just absolutely beautiful. I knew immediately that this was going to be a great day! We arrived at the surgery center to find it dark and quiet, very peaceful. When the receptionist finally arrived and gave me my paperwork I noticed that Dr. Young was listed as our RE doing to transfer and not Dr. G, who is our main RE and the one that's done all of our previous transfers. After a slight moment of panic I decided it didn't matter, today was going to be a great day!

The nurse that called us back was wonderful. She was a Christian and praised God nonstop. I always love people like that because they have no fear or doubts when it comes to talking about the Lord, it just seems so outgoing to me. It was really nice. I felt very at ease and peaceful with her. Like she was an angel for us. She was also my recovery nurse, so that was a double blessing!

Our transfer was scheduled for 8:30 and at 9:40 we finally made it back. For those not familiar with transfers, they are the easy part! You just lay there. Bad thing is you have to have a full bladder and hold it for a very.long.time, so that is uncomfortable. This is the first time that I was in no pain from this. I don't know what was different, but I was never uncomfortable. We waited for Dr. Young to come back and finally the nurse called to see what was going on. Turned out Dr. Young had left and Dr. G was on his way to do our transfer! I was so excited and happy, just another great turn.

Dr. G is so friendly and just all-around a nice guy. He makes you feel comfortable and you can talk to him without feeling like your talking to your doctor but like your talking to a friend. He asked us if we were ready to go and I said we were, but we had no clue what we had. So he went over it all with us. And boy what a great and blessed report it was!!!! Turns out we had 14 eggs retrieved and 12 were mature. Indeed all 12 did fertilize so we did have 100% fertilization... wow!!!! He was as impressed as we were and gave Jeff a pat on the back for a job well done! Out of those 12, 3 were at the blastocyst stage, 2 were at morula, and there were several others following closely behind. We all agreed to go ahead and transfer the three blasts with the understanding that we were aware there is a good possibility of multiples. Dr. G felt confident w/the number and so did we. Our goal is one healthy baby. Twins or a girl are just icing on the cake, although I sure would love another little boy like my Chase! As for the remaining embies, they are going to watch the rest for one more day to see which ones can be frozen... hopefully at least our two morulas will make it, if not more!

The transfer went very smoothly and we got to watch it on ultrasound. Dr. G talks to you through the whole thing and keeps you very relaxed. Of course Jeff was with me and that helps too! When he was done he pointed them out on the ultrasound and they printed us off a picture. I swear that the picture has the shape of a babies head in it. I wish I could take a picture and post it, maybe I'll try when I'm allowed out of bed on Saturday. Jeff noticed it first and when he said something I could immediately see it. I spent the next hour in recovery and then we made our trek home where I'll be on bedrest until I go to get blood work on Saturday. This part is tough, but will be so worth it. I'm still fighting with some chest congestion and am terrified each time I cough, but I know that it will be ok. I try to remind myself I cannot cough these embies out or pee them out.... stupid, but always another fear! As far as our BETA, it is far, far away. I'm going to try to not obsess and just take it easy over the next two weeks. I feel good about this and have faith. Thank you for the prayers, I know they will be answered.


Chase has his recheck with his pedi while we were in Houston at our transfer. It went wonderful!!! The spot on his leg looks great and she was very happy it had ruptured and she did not have to drain it. She also does not feel that the two other spots are staph, prayers answered! She prescribed him an antibiotic cream to go ahead and apply on all three spots and hopefully he will be 100% better soon! Thank you again for the prayers for Chase, again they have been answered!!

***I am grateful for
1) our nurse today and the joy she brought us
2) the beautiful sunrise
3) a smooth transfer
4) a great appointment for my Doodlebug
5) a spectacular day!


kelley anderson said...

I have been checking all afternoon for an update. I am thrilled to hear that everything went so well and that Chase is healing quickly.
I will keep sending prayers your way.

Stephanie said...

How wonderful! I am so very happy for ya'll! What a wonderful praise report!

Mommy Daisy said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings all around! What a great report so far. Praying for even more blessings for your family. Take it easy.

crayonmommy said...

Yay! Just a great day all around! I am so happy for ya'll. and PRAYING MY PEA PICKIN HEART OUT! Love ya!