Friday, February 20, 2009

An Answered Prayer

I hadn't posted on Wednesday because I really wasn't sure where we were headed, but our number had gone from doubling every 36ish hours to doubling every 77 hours. Talk about a thrill kill. To say I was scared to death is an understatement. The number itself had risen, but only from 569 to 873. When I got the call I was expecting a minimum of 1000 and more like 1300 so I was devastated. All I could think was I can't do this again, I can't lose another child. I won't go into all the details of the last 48 hours because it is NOT pretty, but I'll say it was one of the toughest. This morning an awesome lady, Karen, whom I've never even met in person spent a good 30 minutes on the phone encouraging me, mourning previous losses w/me, and just all together being a wonderful person/friend. She recently went through the same thing and it was nice to talk to someone who has been there. I got in to get my blood work and left feeling completely drained. When I got to the point I could no longer take it anymore I called and got one of my nurse's on the phone who said that my ears must have been burning because she had just gotten my HCG numbers off the machine and didn't even have my other numbers yet. I knew anything less than 1400 was bad news and even 1400 wouldn't be all that promising. My number today was 2288, thank you Jesus!!!! She said everything is OK, looks good, and who knows why it did that. I was scheduled to go back in Monday for my next round of blood work but it looks like we'll be postponing to Tuesday and having our ultrasound at the same time. I am so blessed that our number is back up and I pray that things get even better from here on out!

~Kahla

**I am thankful for
1) an answered prayer
2) our pumpkin, please stay w/us!!!
3) support
4) Karen, thank you so much for this morning
5) Hope, Faith, Love

6 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, so many praises! I'm still praying for the best for you and your family. Good luck.

Michelle said...

Wow that is so great! I am so happy for you!

Amber said...

So sorry you had a little scare, but I'm so glad things are progressing. Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have been thinking of you and was certainly hoping that your lack of posting was due to a busy, but happy, week.

I am so sorry about your tense roller coaster ride with the HCG level issue--I am sure you felt every minute as you waited to see what unfolded. Excruciating stuff!

BUT on an awesomely happy note, I certainly rejoice with you over those beautifully soaring numbers!!! That is wonderfully encouraging! And you know, I received a Valentine photocard this year featuring a brand new addition to the family--an IVF little girl at that--who put her parents through the wringer with iffy HCG levels in the beginning, so sometimes the darn things just do that even when all is destined to be wonderful. And sometimes there can be weird lab glitches.

What we do know today is that your levels are coming on strong and they started strong, which is GREAT! I am praying for this little pumpkin right along with you and so many others! And I hope the rest of your pregnancy is nice and reassuringly standard stuff and that it is utterly non-remarkable apart from the remarkable wonder of the miracle that is life. No more funny business, sweet pumpkin!

I am so glad that God provided just the perfect support you needed when you needed it most. AND I am so happy for this robust and reassuring result. Tuesday is a huge day and I'll be praying for more good news to follow today's report!

Take good care and have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Courtney

Sarah said...

Oh man, my heart dropped at the start of this post....I'm SOOOO happy the number went back up!!!
YAY!

Big hugs!

Kim said...

Tuesday as in Today? I will be looking for your post all day!!