Monday, June 16, 2008

Disney World - Days 1 & 2

We left for Florida late on Friday the 6th. This was Chase's first plane ride and he was so excited. You always hear horror stories of kids on planes and I was praying we'd have a good flight. We arrived at the airport, got checked in, and things were on track. Chase was grinning from ear-to-ear, it was adorable. Our flight loaded on time but thanks to lots of construction we had to sit on the runway for an hour... not so much fun with two-three year olds! However, we managed to entertain them by looking at the 15 other planes also stranded and lined up waiting to take off. The flight itself was great. Both kids talked nonstop, drank drinks, and went to the bathroom multiple times. Funny how going to the bathroom on a plane is fun. As soon as they announced we were preparing for decent both of the kids were out. After some hassle we got our rental and finally made it to the resort at about 1:30 in the morning. A little late, but we had landed safely and we were there. Vacation officially begun!

Day 1, Saturday the 7th

What can I say, we were bums. Our rooms were in the perfect spot and all in a row which was really nice. Our windows overlooked the pool and the dining/check-in/gift shop/transportation area were literally right there. The only bad thing was people stayed in the pool until the wee hours and could care less how loud they were. Of course as tired as you were, you didn't care much either. We decided to stay around the resort that day and get rested for all that lay ahead. We swam and swam and swam some more. Chase acquired his first sunburn because we didn't reapply his sunscreen soon enough, but fortunately he tanned over really quick. Jeff on the other hand is in the midst of peeling... yuck. I got lucky, a little red, but the Indian in me too over... phew!

Day 2, Sunday the 8th

We woke up early (well, not early, but we were on vacation after all) and decided to spend the day at Epcot. I had rearranged our meals so that we could dine with the princess' and then Chip and Dale that night. We rode the bus to Epcot and it was as big I remembered and then some! There were so many people and so much to take in. Chase and Madison we so excited, it was great. We made it to Norway where we would dine with Princess Ariel, Alice (in Wonderland),
Cinderella, Jasmine, and Aurora. Chase immediately fell in love with Alice and spent the entire meal looking for her and asking for her to come back. I think he won her over as well because she said he was a Prince Charming and gave him two wonderful kisses. I am so in trouble when he's older!

We spent the day walking around and meeting characters. I believe we met Aurora again, Snow White (we had to ask Dopey to leave because Chase did not like him one bit), Jasmine and the Genie (again, Chase was not sure about the Genie), Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Mary Poppins. We got the Ride the Finding Nemo ride and it is a definite must when you go. The only part that the kids did not like is the scene w/the sharks, but I will say having it in real life was a little scary looking. We then got to meet our first of many Mickeys, Minnies, Chip and Dale, Goofy, and Pluto. I'm sure that there were others, but I can't remember. That night we dined with Chip and Dale and it was awesome!!!! Mickey and Pluto were also there. Chase was in awe of all the real characters and was more than happy to pose... with most of them. I'm guessing Dale was played by a girl because Chase won her over in a heartbeat. The characters don't talk, but they do sign and she told Chase I love you again and again and motioned that he was so sweet. I have to agree!!! That night we watched the fireworks and then headed back to the hotel. I could tell that the days were going to be long, but full of magic. How could I ask for more?