Friday, December 21, 2007

On the Road Again

Jeff's entire family lives in Texas, they are Texans through and through. My family, on the other hand, is every way. After moving south from Alaska my grandparents and aunts/cousins ended up in Mississippi. We try really hard to make it to Mississippi twice a year to see my family. Fortunately my grandparents (Chase's great-grandparents) make it to Texas quite often and are great about showing for birthday parties and just to visit. However, thanks to IVF last summer we didn't make it down, so it had been a year since most of my family had seen Chase. And, as most of you know, a lot can change in a year!

Since Jeff and I are both off for almost two weeks at Christmas, we hit the road and go for a visit. The drive is only about 6 1/2-7 hours depending on traffic, so it's tolerable. Or so you would think. Tolerable in my book is totally different than tolerable in Chase's book. Duchess let us borrow her new Santa Fe (loaded and F-A-N-C-Y), so that helped. I think we watched The Little Mermaid about 4 times and only a few minor meltdowns. Not bad!

Our visit was short, but fun just the same! My grandmother is a wonderful cook and always spoils us rotten with homemade breakfast and a big Christmas lunch while we're there. One of my cousins, Rachael, got engaged and asked for Chase to be her ring bearer which is very exciting. This will be his first time in a tux, I know he'll look adorable.... if we can only get him down the aisle.

As fun as it is to visit, it's always nice to be back home. Of course, I can't wait for next year!

0 comments: