Thursday, May 29, 2008

Do you want a piece of this?

Chase and Cade are bestfriends.... 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time, they are worst enemies. For reasons I've yet to really comprehend, our babysitter decided to take today and tomorrow off making yesterday their last day at the babysitter for this school year (Cade's mom is one of my bestfriends and the school counselor). Now we have talked about this with Chase but seeing as how he's three, he really didn't get it that he probably wouldn't see Cade again until after we come back from Disney World and that is a long time away. You'd think that they would have played and had lots of fun yesterday to make sure that they were good for the next three weeks w/o eachother. Instead I believe they got in to their first knock-down, drag out fight and spent a great deal of time in "time out." Chase came home with a huge gash on his chest that I think is from nails but he has told me a good 20 times that Cade bit him and after talking to Lisa it turns out that Cade has a huge scratch on the side of his cheek. I guess that they both got in at least one good scrap.

We always tease Chase when he's being a handful and ask him, "Do you want a piece of this?" He laughs and does it back or screams, "NOOOOOO!" and runs off. I can't help but wonder if he asked Cade this very same thing.