Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One of those "I got out of bed for this?" kind of days.

Today was one of THOSE days. One of those days where even if you tried, more stuff could NOT have gone wrong. I'll admit that I'm way tired after being up for 20 hours and then only getting a sporadic five hours of sleep before being up for another 12+ hours and counting, so that probably has not helped much. I wish I could have half the energy that my kids have, then I'm sure things wouldn't seem nearly as gloomy.

Emery had her recheck on her ears today. I was a little worried because her nose was running again, but I was really hoping that it was just allergies. After all, she's been on three antibiotics over the last 5ish weeks now, so surely we were all better. As soon as the nurse put the thermometer in her ear, she freaked. I don't like stuff in my ears either, so I chalked it up to that and kept on praying it was just allergies. It wasn't. Dr. Q looked in her right ear and said, "This one looks OK" in a I-guess-it-will-do kind of tone and then looks in her left ear and said, "this one doesn't." Crap. After looking at her history and seeing that just like big brother she is resistant to antibiotics when it comes to ear infections we were referred to the ENT. As Dr. Q put it, looking at Chase's history and then at hers, I can tell you what they are going to say. Don't bother Dr. Q, I already know.

While we were there she noticed Chase's cough and we talked about that too. On Monday he had been at MeMaws when he started coughing and couldn't breathe. It was bad enough they rushed to our house for the emergency inhaler. Dr. Q decided to listen to Chase and sure enough, he's wheezing. So, he's now been switched to a twice a day inhaler with the emergency inhaler if needed. Poor guy. He's on the middle dose now and we'll recheck in a month to see if it needs to be adjusted. Guess the asthma is official now. Blech.

I figured we'd run to the store and grab what we needed today in order to beat the holiday crowds. Let's just say we didn't beat them, they were all shopping right along with us.

My grandfather is having issues that no doubt are related to his congestive heart failure. Today he didn't want to get out of bed and his feet are cold/swollen. I'm taking him to the doctor tomorrow while my mom takes my grandma in to see if her arm is doing OK how it is or will need to be cast.

I learned we may be having Christmas at our house. Short notice and house a wreck. Not a good combination.

Have to find new renters for the rent house. Have I ever mentioned how much I despise having a rent house? If not, I'm mentioning it now.

I hate days like this, surely tomorrow will be better.

****I am grateful for
1) each day that passes
2) these kinds of days are few and far between (for the most part)
3) cooler weather is coming
4) at least E's ear infections will be gone
5) patience, when I have it ;o)

****I am grateful for
1) good medical care
2) insurance, even if it's not the best
3) more antibiotic to get this under control
4) on top of it doctors
5) being able to do what we need to do