Saturday, October 25, 2008

a good day

Today was a good day and boy did I need a good day. My school had our annual Fall Festival and Chase had a blast. He won the cookie walk a zillion times and I'm thinking that perhaps I need to let him play the lottery because he was one lucky little boy today! He was so excited and has graciously agreed to share his loot with us. :o) When Duchess showed up at the festival I think that just made it 10x better, he was so happy to see her (so was I)!



This weekend the traveling Vietnam Wall made it's way to our little town. We wanted to make sure we got by there with Chase because it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing and decided that since Duchess was in town we should trek on over after the festival. The wall is a third of the size of the one in Washington and is still huge. It was definitely an awe moment. So many names, so many lives lost. There are 58,106 names on that wall. 58,106 heroes. I know Chase is too little to understand, but I'm so glad that we went.



They also had a Huey helicopter there and Chase was totally impressed. They offered to let him sit in it and he gladly took them up. How many little boys can say that did that????




What an awesome day.




**I am grateful for
1) a great day
2) the heroes that gave their lives for us
3) the Halloween lights we get to drive around and look at
4) Duchess came to visit
5) silly little boys

0 comments: