Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I've learned over the last couple of months.

~ I've learned that when one generation begins to be born, another begins to die. That is the circle of life and a very difficult lesson to learn.
~ I've learned that the world doesn't stop, or even slow down, just because you need it to or think it should. In fact, that is usually when it speeds up.
~ I've learned that things never happen just one at time. The saying, "when it rains it pours" is true. Sometimes it pours good and sometimes it pours bad. The bad just seems easier to find.
~ I've learned that last goodbyes are never good enough.
~ I've learned that time does not necessarily make things easier or better, it just makes things more tolerable. You learn to adjust to a new normal.
~ I've learned that sometimes the little things don't make a big of difference and then sometimes those little things make all the difference in the world.
~ I've learned that it's so important to say I love you every chance you get because you never know when those chances will end.
~ I've learned that you shouldn't wish the days away because you can't get them back.
~ I've learned that you should never take time with others for granted, young or old, because you never know when that time will end.
~ I've learned that sometimes you have to find a way to laugh just so you don't cry and sometimes you just have to cry.
~ I've learned that you should enjoy growing old because there are many that will never get that chance.
~ I've learned to love the people God has given me, because one day He will need them back.

A friend's twin brother was in a terrible car accident on Sunday and passed away yesterday. He was around my age with two young children. I am heartbroken for her and her family. They are some of the sweetest people I know. On November 1st he had posted a very sweet message to her on Face.book telling her how much he loved her and how grateful he was that she was his sister. I can't think of a better last message.

****I am grateful for
1) in heaven there is no suffering or pain
2) cold weather
3) meds to get Jeff feeling better
4) a warm bed to sleep in
5) my family and friends

1 comments:

Elle said...

Those are some hard lessons to learn, and I agree with every single one of them. I always try to keep those things in mind, especially when life seems so difficult.

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can't even imagine how she must feel right now. I think my world would come to a screeching halt if I lost my little brother.

On a separate note, I know you sent me your email at some point, but I can't find it. I was wondering if you were going to be around at TG and if you wanted to get together. If so email me and we'll set something up. ellesfamilyblog at gmail dot com.

*hugs*