Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day (a day late, I know)

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday (and that includes those who are mommies to furbabies, cause I know first hand that furbabies count)! Mine was nice. We went to church where Melinda Doo.little sang, yes the Melinda Doo.little from the 6th season on American Idol. I didn't actually watch that season but had heard of her before and all I can say is that girl can sing! We always sit in the 3rd or 4th row because Jeff's mom gets their super early and saves seats so we were front and center for the performance yesterday. I was amazed at how strong her voice was and how much passion she showed. Why didn't she win??? Perhaps their should be a recount! ;o)

Yesterday was also baby dedication at church. Even though Pumpkin is growing inside of me and will be here in no time I still have a really hard time with this. I miss the twins. This would have been their baby dedication time. We should have been holding them in our arms and dedicating them, not sitting there and watching from the seats. I am so very thankful for Pumpkin, but it breaks my heart to know that I will never know our twins. It's one of those bittersweet things.

After church we had a wonderful lunch at Salt.grass Steakhouse, my favorite. Ate way too much and loved every bite. We didn't get to see Duchess, but I talked to her several times. I'm so glad we got to spend Saturday with her. We came home and spent the rest of the day making field day shirts for school. Not the most exciting thing, but I was with my guys so it was just right in my book. I will say that Duchess it giving me a deck in my backyard for Mother's Day. She is always so generous. I'm VERY excited and hopefully we'll have it done in the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow I have my 17 week appointment and we'll get to schedule the "big" ultrasound. I can't wait! I really think this baby is a girl, but will be happy no matter what. I just need a healthy, live baby in my arms!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Monday. They are my least favorite day of the week so I'm really glad it's over!!! ;o)




***I am grateful for
1) what I'm pretty sure are little kicks and rolls
2) a very nice Mother's Day
3) Monday is over!
4) 17 week appointment tomorrow!
5) 17 more days of school left (really 16 1/2, but who's counting)

3 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

YAY! Can't wait to hear when your sonogram is!!!

Michelle said...

Glad to here you had a nice day and everything is going well. I too am excited to hear how the sonogram goes!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

im sorry youre dealing with missing your twins. pumpkin was sent to your for a reason, thats for sure!!

cant wait to hear what that baby is!