Monday, December 1, 2008

I've figured out what I'm doing wrong.

This afternoon one of our aides came bouncing down the hall to ask me if I was, "gettin' back on the baby train." At first I was dumbfounded she'd ask me this, but that's just the type of person she is. I looked at her and said that as much as I'd love to be, we have to do IVF so it's not an easy or cheap task. She replied with an "oh" and then, "well go drink the water because apparently there's something in it." I wanted to slap her hard but being the professional I am I resisted. I did ask her if she was aware that we had just lost twins 109 days ago (OK, I didn't give her the actual days, but I could have) and again she just giggled and made another water comment. Seeing as how I was getting absolutely nowhere on the whole "I'm a bitter unable to get pregnant on our own person so leave the hell alone front" I gave in to play the game. You know the one I'm talking about.

Me: Are you pregnant?
Her: Oh no, not me, giggle, giggle.
Me: Then who?
Her: Oh, I can't say.
Me: Oh come on, you can tell me.
Her: Well, since you insist...

yeah, that game. Turns out another unmarried teacher is knocked up. I'd say what am I doing wrong, but apparently I can answer that... I got married and THEN tried for the baby. Stupid me.




**I am grateful for (you know, sometimes this seems so hard *sigh*)
1) frozen pizza - easy, fast, cheap, good
2) hot showers
3) good cries
4) candy canes
5) chocolate

12 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

That sucks :(

I remember when we were doing IVF, I was a cheerleading coach and one of my high school cheerleaders got pregnant.

Doesn't make sense sometimes does it?

You're in my prayers!!!

Josie said...

Ignorance knows no bounds.... It's tough, and I can gaurantee there were a few ladies out here that wanted to crawl through the screen and slap her hard for ya. Hang in chick! We love ya!

Chelle said...

I am definetly trying to reach through the screen to slap that woman! I completely feel you. Why shouldn't an unmarried woman get pregnant? ERRR. Makes me mad. I posted a while back about my (former) secretaries daughter who had a one night stand with a man who has three kids with another woman and she, of course, got pregnant.. No insurance, no job, no future for this poor baby.

Life isn't fair. ((HUG))

And no-she didn't get fired because of that! :) She was a screw up too. Probably why her daughter ended up that way... SORRY-Don't get me started, right!?

Teresa & Connie said...

Um somebody needs to be b*tch slapped. I say you go take a pee in that friggin water she's talking about. Eff her.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kahla. We all have those days we feel like someone rubs our face in our misfortunes, but remember God only gives the tuff stuff to the people he knows are strong and will survive through it. It won't be long before Chase will be a big brother. Hang in there! We are all behind you.

Its probably better I don't know who it is, I may have to slap them for you, then I'd never be allowed in the school again.

crayonmommy said...

do you and Rhonda teach at the same school? I know you don't, but apparently they are both brimming with social retards. Chin up, girl. You can help the ignorant. You CAN'T HELP the stupid.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Aww sweetie... that sucks!!

I got married first to... wow, I never would have done that had I known...

Hugs,
Rebel

Michelle said...

LOL! That's it, I'm married thanks for solving that problem...she totally needs to be slapped.

Amanda Hoyt said...

Oh man. That stinks! That lady did need to be slapped. I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. I'm praying for you, friend.
Hugs,
Amanda

Stephanie said...

Seriously! AHHG I hate that "just drink the water comment." Makes me want to drink it then spit it all out for added affect. Some people are just clueless! Maybe I will try that next time with the water - LOL...

The Amazing Trips said...

No. NO. She didn't GIGGLE. Next time it happens, kick her in the shins and say "I'm SO sorry. That's from my friend Jen."

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Wow. Ignorance knows no bounds. Yah, we must teach with the same people.

My mouth has hung open from so many comments, and literally did again with that story.

Don't even know what to say.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. If only she knew. How lucky for her that she doesn't.